- Apply for a credit card only if you necessarily need it as there is high interest rate on credit dues.
- Do ensure that credit card dues are paid on time and in full since interest rates are very high on outstanding dues.
- Exercise caution against online fraud while using debit/credit cards for online shopping, etc.
- Report loss or theft of debit/credit cards to the Bank and police immediately.
- Before issuing cheques, ensure that you have adequate balance in the Bank to avoid bouncing of cheques.
- Always try to save a part of your salary or income.
- Use only authorised banking channels for sending money to India.
- Do settle your credit card balances and cancel your credit card/debit before processing final exit.
- Avoid getting into debt personally – Under Sharia law non-payment of debt is considered a crime and sufficient reason for imprisonment.
- Keep careful account of employers funds/goods which pass through your hands – you can be held personally responsible for company debts/losses arising out of your negligence.
- Do not draw cash from credit cards, since that could prove to be expensive, owing to the upfront fee and subsequently, outstanding balance getting charged a higher interest.
- Do not use credit cards to finance investments or repayment of loan instalments as the interest on credit cards is higher.
- Do not leave the country on exit visa without settling the credit card balance and closing the account.
- Do not take loans from private persons in the Kingdom (blank signed stamp paper, signed cheque/title deeds for property in India is often taken as guarantee) - consequence of non-payment of the loan could be disastrous for yourself and family.
- In no case your passport/iqama should be given as guarantee for loans, etc.
- Do not sign on any blank paper /or any document without knowing the contents.
- Do not give copies of passport or Iqama to a third person as they could be misused.
- Do not use hundi/illegal channels for sending money home.