Two set of procedures are prescribed for following two categories:
a) A woman applying for change in name following marriage;
b) Divorcees/Widow applying for change from married name to maiden name;
c) Remarried applicants applying for change of name
Category 2 - All other cases not covered in Category 1
Requirements (for both Category 1 & 2)
- Passport Application Form.
- Personal Particulars Form (in duplicate).
- Miscellaneous Services Form
- Three recent passport-size photographs of 3.5 cm x 4 cm with white background (For more info, please go to photo specifications).
- Original Passport (including subsequent additional booklet(s), if any).
- Photocopy of Passport (first two and last two pages and all pages of observations, if any, made by Passport Issuing Authority)
- Copy of valid Iqama (original to be shown for verification). A copy of printout showing validity of Iqama from Ministry of Interior website (https://www.moi.gov.sa/wps/vanityurl/en/ps/pps/query-iqama-expiry-service) may also be submitted.
- Personal presence of the applicant at the Application Centre is a must.
- Prescribed fees.
Additional Requirements (for Category 2 only)
- Gazette notification published in the Indian Union/State Official Gazette; OR Original newspaper cuttings announcing the change of name published in two leading daily newspapers (one popular daily newspaper in the area of the applicant’s present address and another at his permanent address).
- Atleast two public documents issued in the desired/ applied changed name to ascertain that the applicant has actually changed his name.