Jawaharlal Nehru Port is India's #1 container port and is located near Mumbai. Some key facts about the port are:
- Handles ~40% of all container traffic from India
- Located at a 40 mins drive from the commercial capital of India i.e. Mumbai
- Weekly connectivity to all major ports across the globe
The Ministry of Shipping under the Sagarmala program has identified ‘Port Led Industrialization’ as a key pillar to develop the Indian economy and boost industrialization. In this regard, JNPT has setup a ~685 acre Multi-product Special Economic Zone i.e. JNPT SEZ to promote industrialization, generate employment and reduce the logistics cost of India. JNPT SEZ is in line with the Make in India initiative and is a priority project of the PMO.
JNPT SEZ has made significant progress in the last one year. The first phase of land allotment is complete and we’ve received unprecedented response from the investors. ~75 acres has been allotted to companies for setting up their manufacturing and warehousing facilities.
We have launched the second phase of land allotment on Nov 13, 2018 to setup a state-of-the-art manufacturing hub on ~296 acres of land. The land allotment at JNPT SEZ is done through a paperless, transparent E-tender cum E-auction process.
The key value proposition of JNPT SEZ is as follows:
- Unmatched connectivity: Located ~5 km from JN Port, the SEZ enjoys unmatched connectivity globally (weekly connectivity to all global ports) and with the hinterland (6/8 lane roads and DFC connectivity for rail)
- Execution certainty: ~75 acres of land has already been allotted till date and infrastructure development at the site is in progress; all clearances in place
- Single window clearance: JNPT SEZ is a special planning authority (SPA) and hence all developmental approvals will be provided by JNPT
- SEZ incentives: Duty free imports/ exports and income-tax exemption till 15 years as per SEZ act
- Skilled manpower: As JNPT SEZ is located at a 40 mins drive from Mumbai, skilled manpower is available in abundance.